Compounding Pharmacy in Winnipeg
Our compounding pharmacy laboratory is one of only three compounding pharmacy facilities in Winnipeg.
If you are a patient, parent, doctor, pharmacy or veterinary clinic looking for compounding services we can help.
We make an extensive range of compounded medications.
“The compounding pharmacy staff have gone out of their way to help me.” – Tache Pharmacy compounding customer, Allison Crilly
“Only pharmacy that will compound dessicated thyroid. Thank goodness they’re around!” – Tache Pharmacy compounding customer, Dorelle T
Need more information?
Do you have a prescription for a compounded medication?
Feel free to use our online prescription order form to submit your prescription to us.
Compounding Pharmacies Follow High Standards
Personalized medication compounding services are becoming more and more difficult to find in Winnipeg.
Fewer pharmacies are offering compounding services.
This is due to the large costs involved in maintaining facilities and equipment required to meet the high standards set for these compounding laboratories.
High standards are very important when dealing with compounded medications.
For more information about the standards and requirements for pharmacy compounding developed by the National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities click here.
Why Make Compounded Medications?
Medication compounding allows doctors and pharmacists to tailor medications to the special needs of their patients.
Medication compounding offers solutions to those patients who:
- have difficulty taking or responding to commercially-available medication
- are allergic or sensitive to preservatives and dyes
- need specific drug strengths or concentrations
- have a hard time swallowing a pill
- react adversely to a medicine’s taste
What Types of Compounded Medications are Available?
Tache Pharmacy offers specialty compounding of:
- creams and ointments
- solutions, emulsions, and suspensions
- powder papers
- transdermal gels
- nasal sprays
- ophthalmic preparations
- sterile compounds
- veterinary medicines
- preparations for children (e.g. special flavors)
Some of the more commonly prescribed compounded medications we make include:
- Diclofenac topical pain cream (6%, 8%, 10% and 12%)
- Combination topical pain creams
- ED Injections – Trimix and Quadmix
- Trimix Intraurethal Gel
- Autologous serum eye drops
- Boric acid vaginal suppositories
- Scopolamine transdermal cream
- Bi-est (estradiol & estriol) cream
- Low dose naltrexone (LDN) capsules
- Nifedipine rectal ointment
- Rectal Rockets
- Acetylcysteine Eye Drops
- Peridex® Oral Rinse (chlorhexidine gluconate 0.12% mouthwash)
- PB2 (peanut butter protein) capsules
- Atropine 0.01%, 0.02%, 0.05% eye drops
- Pet medications flavored suspensions
- Magic Mouthwash
- Sulfamethoxazole/Trimethoprim (Septra®) 40mg/8mg/mL Suspension
- Scar Treatment Creams
- Stretch Marks Treatment Creams
- Progesterone cream
- Progesterone capsules
- Estriol vaginal cream
- Levetiracetam 100mg/mL Oral Suspension
- Clobazam suspension
- Glycopyrrolate 1mg/mL Oral Suspension
- Phenazopyridine capsules
- All-purpose nipple ointment
- Hydroquinone topical creams
- Deferoxamine Infusions
- Hydroxyurea 500mg capsules (when commercially available Hydrea is unavailable due to shortage)
- Clobetasol 0.05% in Nystatin 100,000 U/mL Suspension
- Hydroquinone 4%/Fluocinolone 0.01%/Tretinoin 0.05% (Tri-Luma®) Vanishing Cream
- Enalapril 1mg/mL Oral Suspension
- Citalopram 10mg/mL Oral Suspension
- Hydrochlorothiazide 5mg/mL Oral Suspension
- And many more!
Topical and Transdermal Bases
Our creams and ointments can be compounded with various bases in order to provide the pharmacological properties required for the compounded products.
These pharmacological properties include the level of absorption required based on the area being applied to and the intended target site of the medication.
Examples of bases we can use are VersaBase®, Lipoderm®, Plasticized Base and Pluronic Lecithin Organogel (PLO).
Compounded Medication Information Available to Physicians
Physicians, please note that we do provide a list of available topical and transdermal bases, as well as a guide to these bases, in our Physician Portal area.
Other important resources available to physicians in our Physician Portal include information sheets and prescription templates.
These resources include prescription templates for:
- Magic Mouthwash and other mouth rinses
- All-purpose nipple formulations
- Topical pain creams
- Erectile dysfunction injections
- Anal fissure ointments
- And more
Member of the Professional Compounding Centers of America
We are proud members of the Professional Compounding Centers of America (PCCA). To learn more about PCCA click here.
COMPOUNDING SERVICES AVAILABLE
- General Patient Compounding
- Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy Compounding
- Veterinary Compounding (for pets)
Changes to Compounding of Sterile Hazardous Medications
As of January 1 2021, we will no longer be able to make compounded sterile hazardous medications.
This is due to a change in sterile compounding standards set forth by NAPRA, and enforced by The College of Pharmacists of Manitoba.
These products include but are not limited to:
- Cyclosporine eye drops
- Tacrolimus eye drops
- Progesterone injections
- Estradiol injections
- Methotrexate prefilled syringes
- Mitomycin eye drops
- Chloramphenicol eye drops
There may be a commercially available alternative OR another compounding pharmacy that would be able to meet your medication needs.
Please contact us at 204-233-3469 and we can discuss your options.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
DISCLAIMER: THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.