Tache Pharmacy has been providing effective pharmaceutical care, consultative services, and pharmacy medication distributive services to people living in community-based and institutional care settings throughout the City of Winnipeg since 1974. Our mission:
“CARING FOR OTHERS AS WE WOULD WANT TO BE CARED FOR”
We have collaborated with physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and social workers and proven that our experience qualifies us to be part of any “caring team”. Included among our client group are personal care homes, disease specific care homes, palliative care units, group and residential facilities, hospital wards, assisted and non-assisted living, and emergency shelters. As expert providers, we have a reputation for being sensitive to the needs of people living in these settings.
We have over 34 years of experience performing the following functions in complex care settings:
Establishing pharmacy distributive services in public and private organizations, including equipment set up and/or maintaining pharmacy processes that support patient or resident admission, care planning and medication review;
- Establishing pharmacy distributive services in public and private organizations, including equipment set up and/or maintaining pharmacy processes that support patient or resident admission, care planning and medication review;
- Developing emergency and after-hour pharmacy services;
- Ensuring that accurate drug information is available to staff to support physician decision-making and effective and efficient medication distribution;
- Establishing policies and procedures for pharmacy services that pertain to medication storage, administration, and audit;
- Staff education on policies, chronic health conditions, and effective and efficient treatment options;
- Continuous quality improvement and self study to assist with accreditation efforts and to promote a high standard of care; and
- Detailed billing and financial record keeping.
These services have contributed to patient and resident well-being, client satisfaction, and positive system-related outcomes, such as ease of workflow in individual facilities.
Tache Pharmacy has had a special and longstanding relationship with St. Boniface General Hospital which is located right across the street. Through this relationship, we have worked virtually all of the departments in the hospital, including palliative care, oncology, chronic diseases, disease-specific products and therapies; and pain control therapies.
In addition, Tache Pharmacy has consulted with the Health Sciences Centre, most notably with the Pain Clinic, where our pharmacists have been an integral part of introducing topical neuropathic medications to Manitoba. Prior to this introduction, Tache Pharmacy was the sole provider of infusion pumps to the clients of the Pain Clinic. Tache pharmacists have also delivered training and education sessions to health care professionals in the Victoria Hospital and the Concordia Hospital.
Pharmacist: Bill Balacko, B.Sc. Pharm, Pharm D.